I love a bit of nut butter.. cashew is my absolute favourite.. although am happy to eat almost any kind. This summer I had cashew nut butter on rye crackers with slices of strawberries (from our own garden!) pretty much every day for breakfast. I also like a slice of apple with a bit of peanut butter on it, good for a quick snack, great for camping & festivals where you might need a quick snack that is healthy but light.
These were a bit of an experiment really, I wanted to eat something cinnamony & christmassy, but I didn’t really feel like baking… and had thought the day before after a particularly gruelling TRX workout that it would be nice to have a portable homemade something for that sweet attack I tend to get around an hour after a gym session. And I also was thinking of the indulgent truffles I love to make(and eat) for Christmas gifts.
This hardly a recipe really, more a slightly nicer way of getting a nutty fix without spooning it out of a jar. ( nothing wrong with that mind..)
And hey- don’t they look nice and Christmassy all covered in coconut? Very seasonally appropriate.
- 1 cup cashew nut butter
- 3 dates, finely chopped
- scant half teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- Around half cup dessicated coconut
- Squish and mash all the ingredients together with a wooden spoon until smooth and combined
- Roll into little balls, around 2-3 cm diameter
- Roll them in the coconut.
- Keep these in the fridge, they taste even better after a day or so! Although they probably won't last that long!