So… I thought that i would combine the 3 ingredients & see what happens.
Magic. That’s what happens.
We scoffed the oven roasted parsnips wedges and cauliflower coated in harissa goodness in minutes. I made a little tahini dressing & green beans in garlicky oil whilst I impatiently waited for the oven to do its bit, and even though The Gardener says he really disliked tahini, he professed that this dressing worked increadibly well with the harissa.. . Luckily I got a few shots of the dish before we ate the lot.
The Gardener would like me to make these again ASAP. Which- as we STILL have the hugest glut of parsnips ever- I think will be absolutely fine. I might even get prettier photos.
Please do post in the comments any other harissa recipes you might have. I’m so addicted to it!
Roasted Harissa Spiced Parsnip & Cauliflower with Tahini Dressing.
Makes enough for two.. scale this up- you’ll need more!
For the Cauliflower & Parsnips
- 1/2 a head of cauliflower- chopped into florets
- 2 medium parsnips- chopped into fat chip shapes
- 1 tsp harissa
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbs olive oil
- salt to taste
For the Tahini Dressing
- 2Tbs tahini
- juice half a lemon
- half tsp honey
- 1Tbs olive oil
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 7/ 220C
- Mix all the ingredients except for the parsnips & cauliflower in a large bowl until properly blended
- Then coat the cauliflower & parsnips in the dressing until slicked all over
- Put in a single layer on a baking tray & roast for 20 mins or so-until slightly charred, turning once
- In the meantime, mix together all the dressing ingredients- taste for salt/sugar balance
- Serve in a bowl with a little dressing drizzled over, with more dressing on the side for dipping.
Make more… you will want it.